Portus established operations in 1992 at Blount Island Marine Terminal located in Jacksonville, Florida. Portus began as a heavy lift stevedore and today boasts a reputation as an industry leader for handling over-dimensional and unusual cargo.
- Offers full on-port stevedoring, terminal, warehousing, along with maintenance and repair services
- Greatest dock capacity on the East Coast at 1800lbs psf (8.8 MT/sqm, 78 kips)
- Primary cargoes include containers, military, heavy lift, and project cargoes
- Facility is comprised of 77 total acres
- Class 1 Rail service by CSX
- Heavy Lift
- Extended Length, Oversized, and Unusual